Welcome to anyone and everyone who is viewing my blog! My intent for this blog is to chronicle my journey through fitness with Les Mills Combat for the next 60 days. I have attempted things like this in the past, and have always met with opposition and eventually have not completed the program.
I am going to do everything in my power to prevent that from being how this story ends.
So, a little bit about me:
I am about to turn 30 here at the end of April. I have held many positions/job titles/etc. throughout my few years in the "real world", most currently I work in retail while going to school full-time for my Master of Business Administration degree. I have a terrific girlfriend and a 12 year old black lab, and the most supportive family and friends and (fraternity) brothers anyone could ask for!
For those who don't know, Les Mills Combat (or LMC) is based in mixed martial arts. Boxing, Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Ju Jitsu, etc. are all part of the program. Day 1 starts tomorrow, with 5 workouts per week.
Nutrition is going to be key, and as I no longer work 12 hour set shifts I needed to plan ahead. My girlfriend and I prepared our meals ahead of time for this week, so that alleviates some stress of a program such as this. Needless to say, it is going to be a drastic change physically, nutritionally, and emotionally.
I have been overweight as long as I can remember, however when I look back on pictures of a younger "me" (age 5-6 ish) I realize that I wasn't born overweight. I didn't have a genetic predisposition to being bigger. I have developed habits that brought me to this point, and therefore I need to change what I've done for so long so that I can be around to live that much LONGER!
This program is offered through Beachbody, and while they have message boards and terrific support systems over there, I needed a place that I felt was mine and mine alone to place my thoughts for my journey.
Here's to a new start, and looking into the future
Kia Kaha!
Dustin
No comments:
Post a Comment