Day 39-59
First thing is first, sorry for not coming back to update. It has been a CRAZY time here in life. School, work, needing things fixed around the house, people graduating college, family events, etc. and I just have not found the time to blog. I guess if I had to cut something out, better that it was the blogging and not the workouts!!
Well, tomorrow is the last day of LMC, and it's crazy that I started this thing 60 days ago. In ways it feels like just yesterday, in others it feels like I've done this for a whole year! I'm excited that I'm going to finish the program, but definitely ready to move on to my next Beachbody workout!!
I guess now would be as good of a time as ever to actually discuss the program, what I did and did not like about it, and things I may have personally modified/changed to make sure I kept working out for the length of the program.
The biggest thing I will always tell anyone is DON'T GIVE UP! Things will be difficult because they are new, you're working out muscle groups you've not worked out before, you're doing something foreign to your body. Expecting things to be smooth sailing when you start a new workout program is like saying to a baby "the first time you walk, it will be perfect". So, don't give up!
If something is difficult, use the modifier during the program. If their modifications don't work, you can always just stop for a second and catch your breath and analyze to see if you can modify. During this program, I gave the HIIT and Power workout DVD's a good honest try, but they just weren't working well for me because of the burpee aspects of both of them. Burpees are a TERRIFIC move to engage the entire body, but my hips couldn't take it. So, I found similar workouts within my library (Les Mills Pump and Burn, and Sculpt A from P90) to give me the resistance training that I needed for the program.
In a program like this, pay attention to your form to get the best out of your workout. You can throw a punch only from your arm, but that only works the arm. If you throw the punch by rotating your body as a kind of "launcher", it engages the core and back muscles, which makes for a better workout. Likewise, if you punch and don't rotate your feet and hips, you put strain on them that leads to injury. Form over all, and you'll be great!
Have fun. Seriously, if you're not having some kind of fun, the workouts will feel stale. I do some of the goofy poses that Dan does during the exercises. I sing to some of the music. It's a great time, and you're enjoying getting healthier.
Do your absolute best to meal prep, ESPECIALLY in the beginning. That is a critical time to take in the correct foods to fuel your body. You wouldn't expect your car to run on sludge, that's why you put clean oil in it. Same goes for your body. No workout can beat a bad diet. WATER is crucial too. My best friend has been my Nalgene bottle. It has marks for how much water is in there, and I drink 1/2 my body weight in oz. daily. That number (thankfully) has gone down some since I've lost some weight.
If anyone has any questions about the program, please feel free to contact me. I do enjoy hearing from those who are needing an open ear during their fitness journey. Wish me luck, tomorrow is my last LMC workout, then results day!!!
Keep it real!
Dustin
No comments:
Post a Comment